I hazard to use the term 'fanny pack' or bum bag as it's colloquially known in Australia and the Singapore not only do such terms lack elegance, but they tend to hark back to the days where such items were made from neon coloured nyon and fastened around with parachute clips. More importantly though, the terms is not entirely accurate as it's relates to this particular fashion trend in 2011 an accessory trend it has not only moved on but moved up - several inches.
So we'll label this trend let affectionately as the belt purse or belt pouch-2011's elegant take on the fanny pack.
The belt purse : What is it
This one is fairly self explanatory. It's a small pouch or purse that's worn strapped around the waist or hips. The pouch can be a separate accessory - removable and able to be interchanged with different belts : or can come attached to a strap.
Belt purse worn by Hannelli
- It's best when sitting higger, at the waist to create a sophisticated shape and to separate the look from being too functional. That said, it can also work at the hip or lower - slung for a more casual take as long as the style is elegant.
- Either way go for luxury fabrication : Leather belt purse are definitely best and the strongest style for 2011.
Belt purse from Hermes SS11
What to wear it with
- A waist - cinching leather belt with a little bag/belt purse is perfect for pairing with a long. Flowing maxi dress.
- With some tussel detailling to add a luxury bohemian touch, a la Emillio Pucci picture above.
- Through the best - looks of a sophisticated, high waist pain of tailored pants of flares.
- With a clean, minimal coktail dress for evening time, perfect for storing a credit card and a lipstick.
Belt pack at Jeager London SS11